(no subject)

Walter David III yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 15 06:45:00 2002

--Apple-Mail-2--1068813985
	delsp=yes;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

Off the yellowdog site:

*	LCD monitor with a Cube or G4: At the yaboot prompt (after you have
chosen "L" for Linux):

linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14 [ENTER]

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 11:27  PM, Tim Seufert wrote:

> On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 07:19  PM, omyryn@netscape.net
> wrote:
>
>> I have a power mac G4 cube running YDL v2.3, and a 22" apple cinema
>> display using a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32MB.  I have been trying to
>> achieve a resolution display of 1600x1200 for this monitor with
>> no success.  I have followed the directions for such a problem
>> at
>> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/
>> nvidia.shtml
>> and no success.  Is there another graphics card that I can use on
>> my G4 cube in order for me to achieve 1600x1200 on my 22" Cinema
>> Display?
>> At the present moment my resolution and color depth are not adequate.
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> The 22" Cinema's native resolution is 1600x1024.  LCDs usually can't
> display resolutions any higher than their native res, so you're
> probably out of luck on 1200 no matter what.  Can you get it to do
> 1600x1024?

--Apple-Mail-2--1068813985

yellowdog site:

*	<italic>LCD monitor with a Cube or G4</italic>: At the yaboot prompt
(after you have chosen "L" for Linux):

linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14 [ENTER]

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 11:27  PM, Tim Seufert wrote:

<excerpt>On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 07:19  PM,
<excerpt>I have a power mac G4 cube running YDL v2.3, and a 22" apple
cinema

display using a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32MB.  I have been trying to

achieve a resolution display of 1600x1200 for this monitor with

no success.  I have followed the directions for such a problem

at
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/nvidia.shtml

and no success.  Is there another graphics card that I can use on

my G4 cube in order for me to achieve 1600x1200 on my 22" Cinema
Display?

At the present moment my resolution and color depth are not adequate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

</excerpt>