boot failure (and MOL) complete

Tanger yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 15 19:13:00 2002

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions and input.  Even though my
sense is that some of the hurdles on the way to installing MOL on my YDL
partition have been taken, still MOL is not installed and the reaction
to keyboard input has slowed down extremely.

I have tried what you have suggested and these are the results:

>> checking for c++... no    <-- that looks like a problem!
>
> Do an 'rpm -qa | grep gcc' and see if gcc-c++ shows up. You'll need
> that to compile C++. If not apt-get gcc-c++ should fix that problem.

I have installed gcc-c++:

[root@3-98-237-24-cable root]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
gcc-c++-2.95.4-4j
gcc-2.95.4-4j

>> [root@3-98-237-24-cable src]# rpm --rebuild mol-kmods-0.9.66-1.src.rpm
>> mol-kmods-0.9.66-1.src.rpm: No such file or directory
>
> See now thats just wierd! But i think thats just a path problem.  Once
> you have the compiler installed try 'rpm --rebuild ./mol-
> kmods-0.9.66-1.src.rpm'  [Make sure when u 'su' its 'su -' to retain
> the paths.]

But the problem is still there:

[root@3-98-237-24-cable src]# rpm --rebuild mol-kmods-0.9.66-1.src.rpm
mol-kmods-0.9.66-1.src.rpm: No such file or directory

What next?

Stefan