boot failure (and MOL) complete

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Nov 16 10:55:01 2002

Ok lets check something as su:

[root@pcp837989pcs root]# echo $PATH

You should get something like.
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

Having done that type:
'c++' from anywhere to see if 'c++: No input file' shows up. If it does there should be no reason for it not to find c++.  In should case it might be a problem with the Makefile.

Lets try building this rpm a little differently for you. As su:

rpm -Uvh mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh mol-kmods-0.9.65-1.src.rpm

This will install the sources.  By doing it this way [if needed] you can edit spec files and other configs in the build].
Now go to /usr/src/rpm/SPECS in there should be a .spec file for both mol and mol-kmods. Take a peek at them for fun. They're the instructions to which the rpm is built. To build them we:

rpm -ta --clean mol.spec
rpm -ta --clean mol-kmods.spec

Just out of curiosity does that problem occur for other command line utils? For example does 'vi .bashrc' in your ~? Or try other stuff. If the installing the rpm-devel didnt help we need to find out why as it may cause other *issues*. And *issues* are not good. :-)

Steve R.