boot failure (and MOL) complete

Tanger yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 11:20:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-1--879527077

On Saturday, November 16, 2002, at 07:16  PM, Bill Fink wrote:

> On Fri Nov 15 2002, Tanger wrote:
>
>> [root@3-98-237-24-cable src]# rpm --rebuild mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm
>> mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm: No such file or directory
>> [root@3-98-237-24-cable src]#
>>
>> Do you have any more suggestions?
>
> I think you need the rpm-build RPM.  I believe that's what causes
> the "No such file or directory" errors when you try and build an
> RPM from the source RPM.

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion.  When I try -build I get:

[root@3-98-237-24-cable src]# rpm -build mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm
-build: unknown option

This is what the manual sayeth:

    REBUILD AND RECOMPILE OPTIONS
        There are two other ways to invoke building with rpm:

        rpm {--rebuild|--recompile} SOURCEPKG ...

        When invoked this way, rpm installs the named source pack=AD
        age, and does a prep, compile and install.   In  addition,
        --rebuild  builds a new binary package. When the build has
        completed, the build directory is removed (as in  --clean)
        and  the  the  sources  and  spec file for the package are
        removed.

Cheers,

Stefan

--Apple-Mail-1--879527077

mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm: No such file or directory

[root@3-98-237-24-cable src]#

Do you have any more suggestions?

</excerpt>

I think you need the rpm-build RPM.  I believe that's what causes

the "No such file or directory" errors when you try and build an

RPM from the source RPM.

</excerpt>

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion.  When I try -build I get:

<fontfamily><param>Hiragino Kaku Gothic =
Pro</param>[root@3-98-237-24-cable
src]# rpm -build mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm

-build: unknown option

This is what the manual sayeth:

</fontfamily>   REBUILD AND RECOMPILE OPTIONS

       There are two other ways to invoke building with rpm:

       rpm {--rebuild|--recompile} SOURCEPKG ...

       When invoked this way, rpm installs the named source

       age, and does a prep, compile and install.   In  addition,

       --rebuild  builds a new binary package. When the build has

       completed, the build directory is removed (as in  --clean)

       and  the  the  sources  and  spec file for the package are

       removed.

</fontfamily>

Cheers,

Stefan=