boot failure (and MOL) complete

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 17 14:01:01 2002

> > I think you need the rpm-build RPM.  I believe that's what causes
> > the "No such file or directory" errors when you try and build an
> > RPM from the source RPM.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.  When I try -build I get:
>
> [root@3-98-237-24-cable src]# rpm -build mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm
                                    ^^^^^^ one hyphen
> -build: unknown option
>
> This is what the manual sayeth:
>
>     REBUILD AND RECOMPILE OPTIONS
>         There are two other ways to invoke building with rpm:
>
>         rpm {--rebuild|--recompile} SOURCEPKG ...
               ^^^^^^^^ two hyphens

If you are trying this again, please note this has _two_ hyphens, not
one as in your above attempt.

In the other method you were trying (rpm -ba mol.spec) was there a
spec file in the directory (I presume /usr/src/rpm/SPECS)?  If not it
should be installed when you do something such as

rpm -uvh file.src.rpm

Such a command should install the spec file, source  and other items
from the source rpm.  If there is no mol.spec file in the
/usr/src/rpm/SPECS directory then this failed.  But I am surprised you
did not get an error message.

--
Stephen Harker                                          sjh@ph.adfa.edu.au
School of Physics               Baloney Baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell