(and MOL) debugger

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 19 19:17:01 2002

Stefan,

> Thanks for your suggestions.  All efforts trying to install mol-0.9.65-1
> or mol-0.9.66-1 using src or ppc RPMs ends in a line about a debugger
> and freezes the terminal. Using apt-get I was able to install mol
> 0.9.60-5b.

>From what I could see on http://www.maconlinux.org/ mol-0.9.66-1 must
be the latest version.  I am running mol-0.9.64-1 compiled from the
src rpm on a 7600 running YDL2.1, then later recompiled and
re-installed after I upgraded to YDL2.3.

> (1) if I can upgrade from 0.9.60-5b to a newer version if that is
> beneficial or

You should be able to do so, but you will need to be able to install
either from src rpm and compile or from a ppc rpm.  There are a
considerable number of improvements since 0.9.60 which is an August
2001 release.  I could never get mol-09.60 from the YDL 2.1 CD's to
run on my machine.  Compiling my own was a great improvement, the
change to mol-0.9.64 did carry a number of useful improvements in
practice, though the only one I recall was merely getting the
time-stamp correct when using appleshare to transfer files from the
Mac partitions to the linux one.

> (2) [...] So perhaps the debugger is called something
> else?

I am 650 km from my machine, but if I recall correctly the debugger is
called gdb.  You may wish to check this from your install CD.

--
Stephen Harker                                          sjh@ph.adfa.edu.au
School of Physics               Baloney Baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell