Help! KDM login won't start on cold-boot

Bernard mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 19 21:46:01 2002

I found out how to boot into init 3 by passing 3 as a kernel argument.
Once in a "root" console I started X (startx) and discovered it
coudn't load the mouse driver (USB) so bombed. It seems I pulled the
mouse out while my Powerbook was asleep and X did not
realize it was gone. On next boot it panicked. Fixed by putting the
mouse back in the hole .......!

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers,
Bernie