new ibook 2002 install failure

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 19 23:04:01 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
>Can you clarify what you mean by "partitioning explicitly"? In the text
>safe mode, there is only one step to set the partitions. I repartitioned
>the disk from its factory config using the OSX disk utility.

 Ahh, hold on right there. This is likely the cause of your problems.
Before you complain about the quality of the OS/installer, do yourself a
favor and follow these instructions:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/installation/guide.shtml

You should create the ext2, boot and swap partitions while installing YDL,
*NOT* with OS X's utility. I'm actually surprised you got as far as you
did without partitioning.

Cheers,

Chris

--