iBook AGPgart unhappiness

Stephen Hocking yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 19 13:14:01 2002

When looking at the address that the agpgart code returns for use in the X
driver, we see a value of 0x0. This is clearly not right. Doing a "dmesg |
gerp -i agp" yields the following -

[seh@pilgrim seh]$ dmesg|grep -i agp
AGP special page: 0xe7fff000
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 565M
agpgart: Detected Apple UniNorth/Pangea chipset
agp: configuring for size idx: 4
agpgart: AGP aperture is 16M @ 0x0
[drm] AGP 0.99 on Unknown @ 0x00000000 16MB

I think that the DRM code should be returning 0xe7fff000 (as in the first line
of the listing above). Does anyone from Terrasoft have a comment?

	Stephen
--

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know