Remote Telnetting?

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 19 23:09:00 2002

At 20:27 -0800 on 2002-11-19 Brian Young wrote:

 >     I'm running YDL 2.3 with the Home/Office install, and I'd like to know
 > how one goes about setting up their machine to be Telnetted into for remote
 > command line access.  Preferably some sort of secure solution, I think I saw
 > some mention of SSH for this once, but any Telnet method will do in the end.

Install sshd, i.e., the openssh and openssh-server RPMs from the YDL
CDs (don't quite remember on which CD they actually are).  I believe
that installing the RPMS also activates the SSH daemon, but make sure
it is up and running anyway.

Then you could securely log into your machine using ssh (from a Unix
box, see man ssh) or any other SSH client (such as putty for Windows).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.