how do you switch to gnome in a text login

Walter David III yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 21 06:53:01 2002

Fellow  frustrated YDL users:

How in the world do you switch to gnome
in a text login environment.  I cant use a
graphical login to see if it's even an option
because yellowdork 2.3 sucks
so much it crashes because of my video
card (rage 128)  every other time so i don't want
to get stuck not being able to log in.

wally-

PS:  Yellowdog 2.3  is the worst release yet--
All of these systems worked flawlessly with YDL 2.0 and earlier:
Here is the adventures of YDL 2.3....

7100 - about 10 tries to get YDL 2.3 installed - only a base install
works

8100 - 2 tries - installer crashed first time - doesn't support any
rage card,
              or ims tt cards - only built in video 600 x 400

8500 - 3 tries - doesn't support any rage card, or ims tt cards - only
built in video 600 x 400

s900 - God help me - installer just crashes - never installed / any
help with that would be helpfull

j700 - I haven't tried yet - Has anyone had any luck before I start??
(has sonnet 400 g4 upgrade)

B&W g3 - 2 tries Installed but I had to take out the rage card and put
an
              old  ims 3dfx card in and take out the sonnets processor
upgrade -
             then take out the dvd drive and put in a standard cd drive.