PowerLogix Bluechip LS G4 Processor Upgrade for Lombard G3 Powerbook

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 24 13:13:01 2002

I do not have a PowerBook or the G4 upgrade, but I have installed a
G3 upgrade in my Starmax. An extension is loaded very early in the boot
process that makes the G3 card active. I'm not sure about New World machines,
but I'm not sure how this would be accomplished using Yaboot. On my Old world
Starmax, I dual-boot, and use BootX to select my OS. Obviously this isn't a good
solution if you only want linux on your PowerBook, but if you do choose to
dual-boot, this may be an option.