Anyone using PHP?

Mark Jaffe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 21 14:08:01 2002

On 11/21/02 12:42, "Michael George" <george@auroravideosys.com> wrote:

> We got an Xserve as a replacement for a Linux box earlier this year.
> It was to run OS X and serve a PHP/MySQL/Apache system that we use
> internally.  If you want to run anything Unix-y on OS X, I'd check out:
>
> http://www.entropy.ch
>
> However, I never did get MySQL and PHP to work satisfactorily on OS X
> and we have since put YDL 2.3 on the Xserve and we haven't looked back
> since...  Very happy with it!

Thanks to all who responded. I've been very happy with YDL, too, on my
server at http://www.wizdev.net. The server started on a Power120 running
MkLinux for 4 years. At the beginning of this year, my father donated his
G3/450 B&W to my business when he got his G4, and I happily loaded my two
SCSI disks from the old server and put on YDL 2.3. I am getting less and
less pleased with Darwin on the spare partition on my Pismo and may go back
to YDL on it, too (only on the one partition) but am still concerned that I
cannot swap files from the ext2 filesystem to the HFS while in OS X. I
wonder if anyone is doing a kext for Darwin to support ext2?

Mark
Mark Jaffe              | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard            | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards        | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards44@earthlink.net | http://www.wizdev.net/