Gigabit Problem

Tim Landschoot yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 22 09:47:01 2002

I am running 2 Xserves with gigabit interfaces.  They will only operate
at 100 with a normal switch. I plug the Xserves into a gigabit switch
and it cannot pass traffic at all. I get 1000 link, but can't even
operate at 100. I verified the switch is ok, it works at 1000 with 2
other systems. I noticed in the logs that the NICs will only come up to
100/full when plugged into the gigabit switch. So the switch is
detecting 1000 but the NICs negotiate at 100. Can anyone tell me how to
force 1000 full duplex?  The NICs are using the sungem driver compiled
into the kernel. The Xserves come with a second interface that is not
being recognized at all.  If someone has drivers/module to load for that
interface then they may be an easier way to get them talking.  Thanks.

Tim