New Studio 17 LCD / old YDL installation / not enough colors

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 24 09:09:01 2002

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 Merrill Aldrich wrote:

> 3. X will not accept more than 8bit color; Dexter.py appears not to provi=
de
> any other working options. X will run in 8bit mode, though.
>=20
> 4. The two posts on the support web page related to this are not complete=
ly
> helpful because a) I don't have xconfigurator, and b) the command

I might be erring, but dexter.py is nothing else than a graphical frontend
to xconfigurator, so you should have and already used it ...

> Anyone have an XF86Config4 that works with ATI rage 128 and Studio 17 LCD=
 that
> I could steal? Or other suggestions?

What color depth do you get for your console? I haven't discovered all
secrets of video-configuration of YDL yet, but it seems that I can't use
truecolor for X if my console runs at 8bit-color. "fbset" should give your
info on the video mode your console is set to.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the vmode-command in YDL ???? There
seems to be another command "nvvideo", but that doesn't change anything,
well at least commands like "fbset" still work ...;

Greetings, Markus

-- =20
|MARKUS DEISTLER                        msdeistler@freenet.de |
|KRIEMHILDSTR. 18, 90461 N=DCRNBERG,     MOBIL -> 0162/6906779  |
|                                        TEL -> 0911/4099232  |