Problems with a Bondi Blue iMac (233)

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 24 18:58:00 2002

I'm at my wits' end.

I've got an original iMac and I want to run YDL on it, alongside MacOS. I
originally wanted to tri-boot 9, X and YDL, but I've given that up since X was
too complicated (and didn't run fast enough on the 233 iMac anyway).

Now all I want to do is run both OS9 and YDL. I've followed the install
instructions carefully.

Twice.

Both times (with a HDD format in between), the machine hung upon trying to load
yaboot.

I installed OS9 first, then YDL. I'm currently using the machine in question,
in OS9... I get it to boot by zapping the PRAM. It's the only way to get it to
startup.

Does there exist a clear set of instructions on how to install YDL and OS9 on
the orginal iMac? I've been unable to find it (and believe me, I've looked).
Might there be, wonder of wonders, a way to run all three OS's on this machine?

Could someone please help me?

-SD