new ibook 2002 install success

Ron Vutpakdi yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 07:28:01 2002

> >Actually, I've gotten the new iBook (800 Mhz) to boot with the
> >default 2.4.19 kernel and radeon video.

I have a similar setup to Erik's (default video for the iBook(non Nov 02)
yields a black screen which disappears when the dimmer key is pressed
several times.

> Agreed. I see what might be described as "horizontal dancing lines."
> BUT, when I quit KDE, the video "hangs" before I get back to the
> console, and while frozen, I at least get an interesting screen
> pattern (looks likes it's been damaged). I have to reboot.

I also have the horizontal dancing lines.  Quite annoying, and I can't
stand to look at it for more than a few minutes (so YDL is out for the
moment).

I don't have any problems going back to the console/text mode.  I do boot
into text mode though.  Booting into the graphical login also caused the
black initial screen.

Hopefully, someone will have a patch soon?

Ron

=====