Sound on YDL 2.3

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 09:11:01 2002

At 09:38 -0600 on 2002-11-25 C.Randolph wrote:

 > Anyone else have input on Problem #2 - XMMS playing a regular CD???

What is the selected output plugin (in XMMS--hit Ctrl-P to reach the
preferences dialogue)?  My XMMS does not work with libOSS.so when
playing audio CDs (although anything else works better with libOSS!!).
In fact, I get the same symptoms (namely, static) as you do with this
one.  So try to select some other output--I use libesdout.so but then
of course you should have ESD up and running for this one, so if you
are a KDE user you may need to select libartsout.so instead.

By the way, can somebody explain why libcdread refuses to work with
OSS output?  I cannot think of any reason, especially given that OSS
works great with anything else (e.g., MP3 playback).  Just curious...

Hope this helps.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.