Sound on YDL 2.3

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 08:10:01 2002

On Monday, 2002-11-25 14:11, mamonbbux wrote:
>  >>C.Randolph wrote: (about nosound)
> I've done exactly the same tries on my G3-BW - YDL 2.3,
> for the same (no) result
>
> > again but I'm stuck.
> so I'm stuck, too. And I'm almost out of patience with this no-sound !o(

I'm running YDL 2.3 plus up-to-date apt-get on a Rev.A Beige G3MT.
I had sound problems, partly helped by putting a
cat /dev/sndstat
at end of boot process
to get regular user as well as root to have X11 sound
on first launch of X11 rather than it not working until
I logged out and back in. However, stiill, after a while,
all the sound effects associated with X11 disappear.

I've had same XMMS problems with scratchy noise in place
of appropriate sound playing on same files that play fine when
remote mounted by a Macintosh running OS 9.

Trying to play movies with video I get like inverse color,
color map all wrong.

I too, have run out of options to make this work, short of hacking source
code.

--
Copyright 2002 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,