Problems with a Bondi Blue iMac (233)

Nathanael Hasbrouck yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 19:21:01 2002

>You think that's a pain? Try upgrading the hard drive! I replaced my 4GB HDD
>with a 40GB - the drive is located under the CD-ROM drive which is under the
>Motherboard, which is under the Daughterboard which is under the RAM! While
>I was in there I replaced the top 32MB chip with 128MB for a total of 160MB
>of RAM.

Umm...This is an original 233, right?  I did the same thing on my
parents iMac, but you don't have to take out the motherboard or the
proc card to switch the drive, only the CD-ROM.  You do have too take
out the whole chassis assembly though.  Is that what you meant?

NRH

--
"Whatever you do, don't fly your kite during a storm."  - Mrs. Abiah Franklin