apmd emulation in pmud

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 21:17:01 2002

--=-QqYbPnKkgGIwa+El5eL/

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 22:09, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2002, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
>=20
> > Has anyone done apmd emulation with pmud? I'm playing around with Windo=
wMaker
> > and it doesn't have pmud-based dock.apps to notify you of the battery s=
tatus.
> > According to my research, pmud can sorta-kinda emulate apmd, but I have=
n't
> > yet fully investigated how to make it work.  Any pointers?
>=20
> 	http://homepage.mac.com/pauljlucas/personal/powerbook/sleep.html
>=20
> 	Bottom of page.  (Granted, it's for AfterStep, but it might
> 	help for WindowMaker.)

Wow, I've found out that wmapm works out of the box.=20
**scratches his head**
No idea how that works. :)

(Looking at my WindowMaker setup I can't help but giggle that I'm
running an NextStep lookalike on a PowerPC under Linux. I think Steve
Jobs would strangle me if he had a chance)

Mara mesta,
--=20
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin