Netatalk crashes HD?

Joe Buczek yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 26 07:46:01 2002

I'm running YDL 2.1 (kernel 2.4.10-12a, netatalk 1.5pre2-6b) and
have experience machine crashes while running mol and netatalk that
resulted in soft disk crashes (needing to run fsck). I suspect it
has to do with the creation of the .Appledouble parallel resource
fork directories because I've had it crash when I first mount my
home dir under mol. Removing all the .Appledouble stuff seemed to
fix it for me. I've since read a bit about configuring netatalk and
I think it may be possible to get it to run without creating the
desktop database stuff altogether. I intend to try that and post
the results here sometime.

--Joe