Netatalk crashes HD?

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 26 13:42:01 2002

> I'm running YDL 2.1 (kernel 2.4.10-12a, netatalk 1.5pre2-6b) and
> have experience machine crashes while running mol and netatalk that
> resulted in soft disk crashes (needing to run fsck). I suspect it
> has to do with the creation of the .Appledouble parallel resource
> fork directories because I've had it crash when I first mount my
> home dir under mol. Removing all the .Appledouble stuff seemed to
> fix it for me. I've since read a bit about configuring netatalk and
> I think it may be possible to get it to run without creating the
> desktop database stuff altogether.

For what it is worth, with YDL 2.1 on a 7600/200 I was not able to get
the default mol (0.9.60?) to run.  With a 2.4.18 kernel (and therefore
a recompile of the mol kernel modules) this improved, but tended to
crash using netatalk.  Since upgrading to mol-0.9.64 and a G3/300 card
(XLR8 stock on sale) I have had no problem with crashes with
netatalk.  I have since used apt-get to upgrade to YDL 2.3, but have
not done much with mol/netatalk since (I mainly use it to transfer
scanned slides to YDL for CD burning).

--
Stephen Harker                                          sjh@ph.adfa.edu.au
School of Physics               Baloney Baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell