ATI Rage 128 help needed

Steven Tomcavage yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 1 06:39:00 2002

Yesterday I installed an ATI Rage 128 video card in my PPC
6360. I got it working in Linux by passing in a
"video=aty128fb:vmode:10" line to the kernel from BootX.
Everything works fine in the command line mode, as well as
on the Mac side, but as soon as I start up X, my display is
shifted up and to the left. If I fix it with the knobs on
my monitor, then the display is off-center for my command
line and Mac OS modes. Does anyone know how to shift the
screen in X but keep it in the same location for command
line and Mac OS?

BTW, I am using an Apple 15" Multiscan monitor.

-Steven Tomcavage