USB ZIP drive "not a block device" error

Bernard mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 01:35:01 2002

Hi All,

Well I've finally got the drive to work. :-D

Using fdisk -l, I was able to determin that the partition was sda1 not
sda4 and the file-system was fat16.
Doing a mount on sda1 did the trick. Ye-ha. It seems the error messages
were a bit of a red-herring.

Thanks to every-one that helped me out.

By the way, is there a format command that I can use to format the
device as a vfat file system, as I need to read the disks
on a x86 machine at work.

Cheers,
Bernie.