How do you "configure" a source RPM (.src.rpm)

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 1 20:16:03 2002

on 10/1/02 7:53 PM, ebike@paradise.net.nz purportedly said:

> A quick question. How do you get RPM to allow you to pause the
> installation, in order to run ./configure. I can not see
> an option in "man rpm". I am doing the normal "rpm --rebuild" to obtain
> the ppc.rpm, but can not find a way to do any
> customization.
>
> The only option, I can see, is after the build, to get into the src
> directory and re-configure, make etc etc, but the subseqent install
> proberly does not put the executable in the same place as the normal rpm -i.

You could, by unpacking the rpm and modifying the .spec file, but then you
might as well set the configure options at that point and not have to prompt
the user for anything. man rpm2cpio.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.