DVD Yet again ....

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 1 21:10:01 2002

--7BxRwi?=.6Qdd5PR

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:54:02 +1200
Bernard mentink <ebike@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> I have spent weeks trying to get adequate DVD display on my Pismo
> 400MHz PowerBook, to no avail.

Hey Bernard, sorry it's not working.  I seem to be the *only* person on
this list that has DVDs playing nicely on my Pismo 400.  If there's
anyone else, please contact me because we need to document this.

I have a broken Pismo DVD/CD drive (DVDs work fine, but CDs cannot be
read or booted) and have not been able to re-install from scratch in a
*long* time.  (I still run a heavily modified YDL 2.0).  I am in the
process of trying to buy a new DVD/CD bay drive that I can boot from -
at which point I will be starting from scratch and re-doing all the
steps.  I'll be sure to document that process.

> Has anyone been successful on the Pismo? How do I check if
> accellerated Xv is being used, by the way?

Two ways:

1) Check your /var/log/XFree86.0.log file for a line like:

2) Running "xvinfo" should return something like this:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "ATI Rage128 Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1