Apple PowerBook/iBook and Apple LCD video

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 3 09:06:01 2002

Hi all,

Sorry for the cross post but I need to get as many people as possible to
respond to me.

I'm trying to make the X setup experience on the next release very, very
easy.  To do this, I need some more information from you all.

* * *

If you have an iBook or PowerBook (any year/revision) OR an Apple-brand
LCD, please provide me privately (dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com) with
the following information:

	1) Output from:  cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep machine
	2) Output from:	 /sbin/lspci -xxx
	   (you need to be root to run this)
	3) Output from:	 /usr/sbin/fbset -x
	4) Tell me what color depths X works at for you.  If you haven't
	   tried more then one or two, please do.  I will be limiting
	   the ones you can select on your hardware based upon this
	   feedback! (in other words, if you get it wrong,  users will
suffer ;-)

	5) The results of the following test program:
           http://stage.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/getid
	   (the source is getid.c if you don't trust me..)

* * *

The more people that can do this, the better! It will make the video
experience on the next version of YDL hopefully  much, much better.

Thanks!
-Dan