ibook battery life and ydl

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 3 11:17:01 2002

Hello. I will be traveling with my iBook (clamshell - first version) and am trying to figure
out how to extend my battery life since there are no commercial power adapters
available for this ibook model (only newer ones).

I know this is a fairly abstract question but...here goes:

Having used pc laptops before when traveling, i know they last a whole lot longer than
my ibook when I'm merely using it as an overgrown mp3 player on an airplane. Last
time i used a pc laptop on a flight, the flight was 4.5 hours and the battery was barely
used by the pc. The pc was basically in sleep mode but continued to play mp3s
(winamp). I know that my ibook when sleeping, will not play mp3s (or do anything for
that matter) and when not sleeping, it will probably not last very long (3-3.5 hours or
so).

Does anyone have any idea if putting YDL on the laptop would make a difference in
the battery life? Would it be able to sleep and still play mp3s?

If i hadn't waited until the last minute, i could've tested this myself, but unfortunately, i
don't have enough time left to do so (i leave tomorrow).

If anyone has any comments on this, thanks in advance. If not, i certainly understand...

chad altemose