Illegitimate Question

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 3 15:20:02 2002

	I'm trying to apply Dan Burcaw's update to the manual's
appendix on configuring the wireless connection, which worked with
YDL, to my RH desktop, with the base station connected by a DSL
cable to the desktop. I suspect I have to delete a 0.0.0.0 -- but
there are two, and i don't know which.

	When I try to bring up the network, here's what I get, and
I hope it tells somebody something more than it does me:

======================
[root@localhost network-scripts]# /sbin/modprobe airport
modprobe: Can't locate module airport
[root@localhost network-scripts]# /sbin/modprobe Private Network
modprobe: Can't locate module Network
[root@localhost network-scripts]# /sbin/modprobe "Private Network"
modprobe: Can't locate module Private Network
[root@localhost network-scripts]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop
Shutting down interface eth0:                              [  OK  ]
[root@localhost network-scripts]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network start
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo:                                  [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface ppp3:  ...........TIMED OUT
/usr/sbin/adsl-start: line 191:  2288 Terminated
$CONNECT "$@" >/dev/null 2>&1
                                                           [FAILED]
[root@localhost network-scripts]# netstat -rn
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window
irtt Iface
10.0.1.0        0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U        40 0
0 eth0
127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U        40 0
0 lo
[root@localhost network-scripts]#

	The whole idea is to be able to use both machines; at
present I still have to connect one OR the other. I know this isn't
strictly a YDL question, but I have to get an answer to make YDL
viable on its machine in my circumstances; I'll be glad of any
help.
--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
double retiree, linux nestling RH 7.2, YDL 2.2, OSX 10.1.5