Recommended NIC Card

Kevin Herrboldt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 4 15:00:01 2002

On Friday, Oct 4, 2002, at 09:43 US/Central, Joshua Miller wrote:

> What kind of NIC card would you all recommend for a PowerMac 6500
> running YDL 2.2 ? I've got a

The Linksys LNE100TX is a tulip-based 10/100 NIC that works with the
stock ydl 2.3 kernel (probably the 2.2 one as well). I just put one in
my 7500 running ydl2.3 and it works great. It should be available for
about $25 at your local big box retailer (e.g., Best Buy).

Let's hope RealTek support becomes part of the default kernel in future
versions, since most of the really low-end cards like the $5 CompUSA
house brand NIC use the 8139.