yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #447 - 13 msgs

jesse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 4 12:37:01 2002

Well, I got it to work (in that it no longer tells me shutdown is invalid).
I used su - root to switch to root, and then /sbin/shutdown -h now.  I'm not
sure which of those changes made it work, but thanks!! :-)

It still does not shut off the power, though.  Hmmmmm.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that it seemed to not know
what an iMac monitor was when I set it up (so I had to use 'failsafe' in
xconfigurator instead of choosing imac monitor blah blah blah).  does that
sound plausible?  Maybe I'm just shutting off the monitor when I hit the
power button.

It doesn't tell me it was unmounted uncleanly when I boot up...

--jesse

on 10/4/02 10:45 AM, yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com