X Server Problems

Thomas Kernes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 4 18:20:01 2002

When I reboot my machine, or log out of Gnome, my display is all messed up.
It is like the screen size is 1024x768, but it won't display all of it on
the screen.  I can 'scroll' up, down, left, right to see the rest of the
screen.

If I use the command below:

/usr/sbin/fbset 1024x768-75 -depth 15

It will set my screen correctly, but then when I log out or reboot, it goes
back to the other way.

I have struggled with this for quite literally years without getting a
satisfactory response.  Does anyone know (and would like to share) how I can
fix the config file so that I do not have to do this each time?

Thank you.

Thomas Kernes