apt-get woes

Thomas Kernes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Oct 5 19:01:01 2002

Trying to do a distribution upgrade from YDL 2.1 to 2.3  (is that possible?)
I am getting the following errors:

apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing
Processing File Dependencies... Done
WARNING: 'enscript' has 2 packages with same version but different
dependencies. That usually means a packaging bug.
WARNING: 'SDL_image' has 2 packages with same version but different
dependencies. That usually means a packaging bug.
WARNING: 'tmpwatch' has 2 packages with same version but different
dependencies. That usually means a packaging bug.
WARNING: 'xsysinfo' has 2 packages with same version but different
dependencies. That usually means a packaging bug.
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done

Then, I get a whole bunch of broken dependencies (some relating to the above
packages).  I thought apt-get would fix all of those.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Thomas Kernes