Using a wireless PCI card in B&W G3 w/ YDL?

Tony K. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 6 16:39:01 2002

How much success any of you have had with running a wireless PCI card on
a G3 tower running YDL?  What brands of wireless PCI cards have you
used?  Does it make a difference which?  How difficult is the setup?

I would rather not spend $299 on an Airport.  I picked up a $140 D-Link
Wireless Access Point to add to my home LAN and have been disappointed
with trying to gain access to the settings via html.  I have not even
been able to set the password.  I may end up returning it to the store I
bought it from if I don't get anywhere with D-Link support.  An
alternative would be to install a wireless PCI card in my G3 running
YDL.

Note: I have one of the earliest B&W G3's and I believe it is missing
the hardware interface for an Airport Card.  Perhaps I can salvage one
from another G3 or G4?