upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3

Jer_57 yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 13:59:00 2002

Hi Michael,

I did manage to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3, but it wasn't very easy on my iBook 2.1.  I basically followed the instructions for 2.1->2.2, replacing 2.2 with 2.3.  I had to do a lot of dependency resolutions to get apt installed and working, but once that was done, it seemed to go pretty easy.  I sure don't recommend it for the faint of heart though.  I believe it is actually easier to just reinstall from the 2.3 CDs (although I did the upgrade via broadband).

Unfortunately I did this shortly after 2.3 came out and didn't record what I actually did (more of a wing it job to see if I could even get it to work).

I know this isn't very specific, but I hope it helps you out.

jer