eth0: Promiscuous mode

Michael Graham yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 12:09:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-20--41209672

How can I disable Promiscuous mode? I think this is causing problems
with me trying to separate services between my internal interface(eth1)
and my new Asante card(eth0). I've read the how-to's and tried the
command :

ifconfig eth0 -promisc

but it did not disable it like the how-to's said. Instead this is what
appears in my messages log:

Oct  8 11:54:09 kiron-design kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode enabled.

is this command not possible with the Asante 690 Fast 10/100 card? The
chip on this card uses the tulip driver and it's compiled into the
kernel(2.4.19) currently.

michael
--Apple-Mail-20--41209672

How can I disable Promiscuous mode? I think this is causing problems
with me trying to separate services between my internal
interface(eth1) and my new Asante card(eth0). I've read the how-to's
and tried the command :

<fixed><smaller>

ifconfig eth0 -promisc

</smaller></fixed>

but it did not disable it like the how-to's said. Instead this is what
appears in my messages log:

<fixed><smaller>

Oct  8 11:54:09 kiron-design kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode enabled.</smaller></fixed>