Sawfish Problem Solution?

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 15:14:01 2002

At 13:51 -0400 on 2002-10-8 Dan Koch wrote:

 > Has anyone found a stable desktop theme and window appearance for
 > gnome/sawfish under YDL 2.3? I've tried several combinations but
 > eventually I loose the window frames. I then have to log out and then
 > back in.

Do you use by any chance C locale?  This is what messed sawfish up: as
soon as I would set LC_ALL to C the window manager would become very
confused--I have no idea why actually.  I am using tcsh not bash, but
I don't know whether this contributes to the problem.

Since I actually prefer the C locale (and tcsh), I chose instead to
upgrade sawfish: I downloaded the latest (at the time) source tarball
and I compiled and installed version 1.0.1 (as opposed to 0.38 or
something that comes with YDL).  I have never had any problem since.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.