VNC Server for 2.1

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 14:54:01 2002

Michael,

Can I recommend using X11 - remotely without the need of VNC? You have to=
=20
tweak the X login program to run the normal Gnome version, not the YDL=20
version. Once you got that up (which means editing a file - I forgot whic=
h -=20
in /etc/X11 somewhere) you can tell it to allow remote logins. You can th=
en=20
do
X :2 -kb -query IPADDRESS_HERE > /dev/null 2>&1 &
and it will give you an X11 login on the YDL machine.
Under Windows, you need to install Cygwin and their X server to make it w=
ork.

It's very fast, no garbled stuff, much better than VNC in my opinion ...

Best regards,
Chris