How to get Pan??

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 19:58:01 2002

	Using YDL 2.2 with Ximian Evolution, I try to download Pan
for that combination from pan.rebelbase.com. Instead, it sends me
to ximian to get what I already have, and that refuses.

	NB: when I opened Evolution for the first time, it tried to
assume I wanted it to run my email. But it so happens that I'll see
it or any other software in Redmond before I let it usurp my pine;
so I broke off the process.

	 If there's a way to tell evolution to keep its paws off my
pine, while letting it open otherwise, I'd be glad to know it. If
not, how do I get Pan in spite of ximian instead of with it??

	NB again: I don't run pine on the iBook -- I open a
terminal and ssh to my shell account, where I run it on my ISP's
machine. IFF this means I can let evolution start, and just never
open its mailer, well and good.

	But I opened OE once by mistake, when shackled to a W98
machine; it had similar ideas about declaring itself my mailer, and
I had to find a couple of bright kids to kill it and scour it off
the machine.

	I won't risk that particular self-righteous
holier-than-thou whited sepulcher behavior ever again, not even on
an OS otherwise credited with decency. No thanks! Once burned.

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
double retiree, linux nestling RH 7.2, YDL 2.2, OSX 10.1.5