VNC Server for 2.1

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 9 12:55:00 2002

Rob,

On Wed October 9 2002 00:54, bronto wrote:
> Right or wrong, I now have Cygwin installed; startx works and loads
> up a rather primitive looking window manager (twm?).  I tried init 5
> but I get:
>
> bash: init: command not found.

No, no, no - all the stuff I described earlier, you have to do on the Lin=
ux=20
machine, not the Windoze box. You can use the Windoze box as a client to =
the=20
YDL (or any other X11) box.
Do not get confused by the term 'X Server' on Windoze - there is always s=
ome X=20
server on a local machine, but that doesn't mean, it serves external=20
connections ;).