Remote X11 Connections

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 9 20:54:01 2002

At 19:23 -0700 on 2002-10-9 bronto wrote:

 > Anyway, on the login dialog there is a System menu, but it doesn't
 > have options for Configure.

You can also run the configurator for GDM after you log in: its name
is `gdmconfig' (most likely /usr/bin/gdmconfig) and in my Gnome menu
system (the stock YDL 2.2) it is also in `Programs -> System' menu
(where it is called `GDM Configurator').  From there choose `Expert'
and then click the XDMCP tab and... you know the rest.

If you want in the future to be able to configure GDM as described in
the previous post, click on `Basic' then on the `Login behaviour' tab
then check the option `Allow users to run the configurator from the
system menu.'

 > I liked the dog :'(

Oh well, `Login appearance' under `Basic' allows you to choose the
image you want--in fact, I did choose the dog on my system (I found a
number of suitable images installed by default in
/usr/share/pixmaps/yellowdog).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.