Remote X11 Connections

bronto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 10 19:05:01 2002

Figured the System menu problem out.  There's configuration setting
in for GDM that allows this.  In the Basic settings.  I enabled it,
applied it, restarted GDM, and the menus are just as you described.
Checking XDMCP, it's already enabled.

I prefer to do my server admin in Webmin, and it has an IPtables
control.  I've initialized it with the option of allowing "all" and
applied the configuration.  Port 177 still closed.

So it seems I have a firewall problem(?).  Scanning the ports again
confirms that they are all closed except for the ones that I've had
open 'forever': 21,22,23,25,80,110,etc.  (It's a web server).  177 is
still closed.

Next?

Rob