Remote X11 Connections

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 10 17:17:00 2002

I don't know why your machine is not displaying the System Menu where it =
says=20
'configure' - it should. Try to update to the latest stuff with apt-get -=
 did=20
you install gdm completely (not sure what that entails).
I think I installed the developer system and then some.

Dan (Burcaw), if you're listening, scrap the TerraSoft GDM thing and add =
a=20
'custom' option in the installer.=20

Unfortunately, last time I checked, Ximian still did not support YDL 2.3,=
 only=20
2.2 ...

about the firewall: you have to put in a rule which lets everything throu=
gh,=20
otherwise, nothing gets in or out - or uninstall it.

Best regards,
Chris