Remote X11 Connections

bronto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 10 16:10:00 2002

>>Rob,
>>This is all happening on the PC so far. It now waits for the X11 machine (the
>>Linux box) to talk to it.
>
>So is there some way of checking to see if X11 on the server is listening?

I just dug out a port scanner I used when I originally set up my
server and verified that port 177 is in fact CLOSED.  Still thinking
in "Windows mode" I guess, that starting the necessary tools would
open the port automatically.

I'm not behind a hardware firewall at the moment.  I have both
ipchains and iptables installed but I've never done much with it.
There are no rules set up for iptables yet.

Rob