BUG: usb print & move mouse -> USB kb + mouse lost!

Larry Kollar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 14 20:17:01 2002

Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress@arcor.de> wrote:

> I found a really annoying behaviour when printing to an USB printer: When
> the print job is running and I move the mouse, the keyboard and mouse are
> "lost", and printing stops.

I can confirm that one, and I've reported it as well. I'm also
using YellowDog 2.3, but on a beige G3 with a USB card.  I had
(up to now) wondered whether the problem was an interaction
between the card & the kernel, but that doesn't seem likely now.

I also noticed it using LinuxPPC 2000 with a self-compiled 2.2.18
kernel. My current kernel is the YDL 2.4.19-4a kernel (pre-built).
So the bug is long-standing.

I've been told that if you can open USB View, you can reset the
USB subsystem, but I haven't tried it yet.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the