BUG: usb print & move mouse -> USB kb + mouse lost!

Alban Fellows yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 14 23:57:00 2002

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 03:19, Larry Kollar wrote:
> Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress@arcor.de> wrote:
> > I found a really annoying behaviour when printing to an USB printer: When
> > the print job is running and I move the mouse, the keyboard and mouse are
> > "lost", and printing stops.
>
> I can confirm that one, and I've reported it as well. I'm also
> using YellowDog 2.3, but on a beige G3 with a USB card.  I had
> (up to now) wondered whether the problem was an interaction
> between the card & the kernel, but that doesn't seem likely now.
I had this happen to me on a G4 (DVD) while trying to get a SCSI DLT drive to
work. Having started the backup I started X. At the point KDE played the
startup "jingle" the audio stuttered ( I have a usb audio interface) and
EVERY usb device completely died. All the lights went out on the hub and
unplugging re-plugging the devices would not work. I had to log into the
machine remotely and reboot.

I put it down to problems with the SCSI card which was an old 2940.
Now I am not so sure.
This was with a 2.4.20-pre something kernel on YDL 2.3

Alban