AGAIN: USB hang on printing & moving mouse

Jim Robinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 16 14:05:01 2002

Hi,
I saw something like this on my X86 box running redhat 7.3, I could see the
device but it failed to work properly. I would get USB unlink messages for time
to time also. It turned out to be a bad cable, Try to plug the printer into a
different USB port. Did you try to plug it into a powered USB hub? Maybe you are
not supplying enough power to the device and when you move the mouse it causes a
brownout on the USB bus.
just my 2 cents.....
Jim