Cannot Boot on G4

Russell T. Brunet yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 16 15:22:01 2002

Jim,

I don't have a dual G4 :( I have a AGP 400 not sure on the video card. I'm
running YDL on a separate physical drive (3.3gig WD I think, maybe seagate,
not sure). OS X, OS 9 and a extra partition are all on my oem 10 gig drive
(aprox 3.2 gigs each). I can't remember what the exact numbers are. my
suggestion, get a separate internal ide drive (they're so cheap nowadays,
you can get 40 gigs for under 100 bucks. go onto ebay and purchase a ten
gig drive for your G4 and plug it in. It should be very easy. If you're
uneasy about opening the case, go to http://www.xlr8yourmac.com. They are
great and have faqs and diagrams for every possible system configuration. I
need to get a bigger drive myself, I'm sick of running out of space on my
measly 10 gig drive (gee 3 years ago I said "c'mon, who would ever need
more than 10 gigs!"). Check the ydl homepage for specific compatibility
with your machine/video card, etc. That's about all I can think for
suggestions. Just keep trying, you'll see the light. and hey, if you can't
get it to work, I'll gladly trade machines with you ;)

Good luck,

Russell