webmin

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 18 05:45:01 2002

I had the same problem.  Here's the solution I got from YDL and it
worked great:

1. What method are you using to install Webmin? Are you using its shell
script
or the RPM that came with YDL? I used YDL's rpm and received a similar
error.
The gist was:

Unabled to identify operating system

So, I downloaded the source and tar script (it's a newer version
anyway). And
I found the problem. WebMin was only updated to YDL version 2.2 and we
have
2.3. So I had to add a line.

Download this file:

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/webadmin/webmin-0.990.tar.gz

Then untar it:

tar xzvf webmin-0.990.tar.gz

cd into the webmin-0.990 directory.

Edit the following file:

os_list.txt

Go to about line 115 and add the following line:

Yellow Dog Linux		2.3	redhat-linux	7.3	$etc_issue =~
/Yellow\s+Dog\s+Linux\s+release\s+2\.3\s+/i || `cat
/etc/yellowdog-release
2>&1` =~ /Yellow\s+Dog\s+Linux\s+release\s+2\.3\s+/i

Then exit, then run:

setup.sh